After leaving the service (Navy), in 1972, I took advantage of the GI-Bill to attend the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. There I met my very first atheist. She showed me that non-belief was actually a rational option; something society had been trying to keep from me for my entire life.
Now, in 2020, I have been an atheist for 47 years and I live in Knoxville, TN, a town recently (2013) polled to be the Most Bible Believing town in America, since then.
The purpose of this blog is educational: To bring information and insight about Freethought and Atheism to the general public, to foster tolerance and understanding of the humanist position and to strengthen wall of separation between church and state.
- In 2002 , I founded the Atheists Society of Knoxville (Over 1,000 members now) and I am it’s founder/president emeritus.
- 2015-1016, I was President of the Rationalists of East Tennessee. During that time we started the billboard campaign (see picture) to broaden our outreach in East Tennessee.
- I am the creator and webmaster for DigitalFreethought.com and this blog.
- I was the first Executive Producer and co-host of Freethought Forum, a Public Access Atheist call in TV show on Knoxville Community Television (CTVKnox.org). You can view archived Freethought Forum shows here.
- I am currently hosting “The DigitalFreethought Radio Hour”, on 103.9 LP FM. The recordings of those shows can be found on this blog under “DigitalFreethought Podcasts“. Now in video form here.
- I have studied Christian counter-apologetics for 20 years.
- I’m a humanist celebrant and ordained minister with the on-line Church of Spiritual Humanism, and the Rationalists of East Tennessee, and have performed several weddings for secular/humanists in East Tennessee including one (non-legal) wedding for 2 lesbian women.
- I have been doing Freethought based YouTube Videos since 2005 with a running total of ~250,000 views.
I am available for public speaking. I’m happy to speak on Atheism, Religious Faith, Christian Apologetics, church-state separation or the examination of religious beliefs.
You can reach me via email at: email@example.com