After leaving the service, in 1972, I took advantage of the GI-Bill to attend the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. There I met my very first atheist. She showed me that non-belief was actually a rational option; something society has been trying to keep me from know for my entire life.
Now I have been an atheist for over 40 years and I live in Knoxville, TN, recently polled to be the Most Bible Believing town (2013.)
The purpose of this blog is educational: To bring information and insight about Freethought and Atheism to the general public and to foster tolerance and understanding of the humanist position; and to strengthen wall of separation between church and state.
- In 2002 , I founded the Atheists Society of Knoxville (560 members now) and I am it’s president. I’m also currently the president of the Rationalists of East Tennessee. (Founded ~1995)
- I am the creator and webmaster for DigitalFreethought.com and this blog.
- I am a former Executive Producer and sometime co-host of Freethought Forum, a Public Access Atheist call in show on Knoxville Community Television (CTVKnox.org). You can view archived Freethought Forum shows here.
- I have studied Christian counter-apologetics for 15 years.
- I’m a humanist celebrant and ordained minister with the on-line Church of Spiritual Humanism, and have performed 5 weddings so far.
- I have been doing Freethought based YouTube Videos since 2005 and, so far, have a total of 165,980 views.
I am available for public speaking. I’m happy to speak on Atheism, Religious Faith, The Bible, anti-apologetics, church-state separation or the examination of religious beliefs.
You can reach me via email at: email@example.com
I currently employed doing SQL Data work and technical Support for a national company with a local office. Nice! But since it’s a full-time exempt position, with a good bit of travel. I won’t be able to write as much as I have been.
In the meantime, please take some time to read my older articles (left side/scroll down)! I’ve got about 60 of them up now so maybe that will fill in the gaps a bit!
I’ll still write as I have time! Thanks for your continued support!